The Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania
2013 ANNUAL BANQUET
Featuring Guest Speaker
Associate Justice Goodwin Liu
California Supreme Court
September 27, 2013
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
John Chou, Teresa Wallace and
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
Fox Rothschild LLP
Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP
Philadelphia Bar Association
Tucker Law Group
Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and Pennsylvania Association for Justice
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
SMR Legal Search
Stevens & Lee
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young
White and Williams LLP
Honorable Ida K. Chen
Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey (APALA-NJ)
Blank Rome LLP
Duane Morris LLP
Pepper Hamilton LLP
Volpe & Koenig
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING SPONSORS
Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Abelson Legal Search
ADDITIONAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTERS
The Bayne Law Group
Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin & Schiller
Feldman Shepherd Wohlgelernter Tanner Weinstock Dodig
Independence Blue Cross
Pennsylvania Bar Association Minority Bar Committee
Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
Thanks and VIPs
Special thanks to AmerisourceBergen and John and Theresa Chou for their generous sponsorship
Judge Genece Brinkley
Judge Jacqui Frazier-Lyde
Judge Frederica Massiah-Jackson
Judge Glynnis Hill
Marcia Marutani-Holdren, daughter of Judge William Marutani
William H. Pugh, vice president of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
Tom Wilkinson, immediate past president of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
Bill Fedullo, Chancellor-Elect Philadelphia Bar Association
Al Dandridge, Vice-Chancellor Philadelphia Bar Association
Jessica R. Hilburn-Holmes, Esq., Executive Director, Philadelphia Bar Foundation
Tiffany Hwang, Executive Director of the Governor’s Advisory Commission on Asian American Affairs.
Joe Centeno, Past President of NAPABA
Judy Kim, NAPABA Northeast Regional Governor
Grace Manno, President of DELVACCA
Sophia Lee, Vice-Chair of the Mayor’s Commission on Asian American Affairs
Floralee Wan, APALA-NJ President
Amber Racine, President of the Barrister’s Association
Neil Maskeri, President of the South Asian Bar Association
Paul Hyon – President of More Bank
Sheldon Kovach – Deputy District Attorney, Delaware County District Attorney’s Office
Rich Ting – Chairperson of the Asian Lawyers Committee, Allegheny County Bar Association
Joe Tucker – donation of table for Drexel law students
Uber – for their support and offer for all attendees
The Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania ("APABA-PA"), formerly the Asian American Bar Association of the Delaware Valley, is a non-profit organization founded in 1984 to serve a wide network of Asian Pacific American attorneys admitted or practicing in Pennsylvania, Northern Delaware and Southern New Jersey. The APABA-PA is dedicated to the advancement of its members and the Asian American community. The APABA-PA also educates its members about issues critical to Asian Pacific Americans and advances the interests of Asian Pacific American attorneys as well as the interests of the local Asian American community.
The APABA-PA is an affiliate of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association ("NAPABA"). Members of APABA-PA are also members of NAPABA. NAPABA is the national association of Asian Pacific American (APA) attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students, providing a national network for its members and affiliates. NAPABA monitors legislative developments and judicial appointments, promotes APA political leadership, advocates for equal opportunity in education and the workplace, works to eliminate violence against APAs, and builds coalitions within the legal profession and the community at large.
APABA-PA Membership Benefits
- Opportunities and contacts for professional and personal networking.
- Weekly announcements of upcoming events.
- Subscription to the APABA-PA newsletter.
- Access to new job postings.
- Discounts to APABA-PA events including the annual Lunar Banquet, APABA-PA-sponsored CLEs and the NAPABA convention.
- Participation in APABA-PA committee activities. APABA-PA committees include: Annual Banquet Committee, Marutani Fellowship Committee, Statewide Outreach Committee, CLE Committee, Law Student Outreach Committee, Media and Communications Committee, Social Networking Committee, Summer Picnic Committee, Community Outreach Committee and Policy Committee.
- Opportunities to serve the Asian Pacific American community.
- Automatic membership in NAPABA, a value of between $50 and $500 based on NAPABA’s tiered membership structure.
- NAPABA membership benefits including discounts to NAPABA events, membership to NAPABA professional development forums and participation in NAPABA committee activities.
- The knowledge and satisfaction that your membership helps to sustain APABA-PA’s vital programs and its efforts in advocating for the Asian Pacific American community and in fostering the professional development of Asian Pacific American lawyers, law students, judges and professors.